Apply for Book Mates!
Applications accepted March 1-15. You will be contacted regarding acceptance status the week following March 15.
Book Mates is a reading buddy program partnering teens with 1st-4th grade children. The goal of the program is to give children the opportunity to practice the skill of reading with an attentive teen and have fun!
The program runs each fall and spring with weekly 30 minute sessions for a set number of weeks. Weekly attendance is required for the duration of the program.
Spaces are limited and online applications are required each season (Submitting an application does not mean automatic acceptance. Applicants will be notified by phone or email of status).
Students in 1st through 4th grade are eligible to participate.
Spring 2020 session dates include Thursdays, April 2, 9, 16, 30 (no session Apr. 23) at 4:00-4:30pm. Weekly attendance is required.
A typical Book Mates meet up includes:
1. A parent/caregiver brings their child to the library's Children's Room at the designated time with book(s) to read. Please ensure your child has books selected PRIOR to each meet up (you can arrive early to pick out books if necessary).
2. The parent/caregiver MUST remain in the library during the meet up.
3. A trained teen volunteer will greet your child and together find a place in the library's Children's Room to sit and read. Teen volunteers are not tutors or reading specialists, but available to offer a fun experience while practicing reading with your child.
4. Each meet up lasts 30 minutes with some time devoted to comprehension and review.
5. Children may select a sticker at the completion of each meet up.
Please direct questions to the Teen Services Librarians at 781-944-0840 or email
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NOBLE, Inc..