TEL 01443800339 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR GENERAL ENQUIRIES BETWEEN 10 AM TO 6PM AND EMERGENCIES OUTSIDE THESE HOURS
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
Our priority is to find the ideal home for each cat in our care. Because individual cats needs vary greatly, we do not have set criteria for adopters, instead we try to be as flexible as possible, in order to ensure that we can find a perfect match. We do not however re -home where resident cats are not already neutered or spayed unless this is for health reasons.
1. Please read about our cats that are up for adoption and consider which cat that you feel you could offer the best home to.
2. Complete our pre adoption interest form for that specific cat and tell us all about yourself and your family. Our Adoption and Homevisit Co-ordinator will then contact you by telephone to discuss your application in detail, tell you more about the cat that you are interested in and answer any questions about our adoption procedure.
3. When you are successfully matched to a cat we will reserve that cat for you subject to a Homecheck.
4. A Homecheck will take place and we ask that all family members and household pets are present during this.
5. If the Homecheck is successful we ask that your family travel to meet the cat in their Foster home. If this meeting is successful then the adoption will take place at this point and you can bring your new family member home with you. All our cats are neutered,spayed prior to adoption, with the exception of young kittens. A condition of the adoption of kittens is that you give an undertaking that they will be neutered at 5/6 months old (at your own expense). In most cases we will arrange a follow up Homevisit after adoption.
We ask for a minimum donation which will be agreed upon discussion with our adoption coordinator from Friends of the Animals RCT.
Friends of Animals Wales is run on a self funding basis. The set donation above is to cover the cost of vaccinations against Kennel cough, neutering,flea and worming treatment, micro chipping and dental work. Your dontion will not only be helping the cat which you may adopt but will also help those which are in need of other more expensive treatment or those who need special foster homes or long term fostering.
Each and every cat which we help is treated equally with love, care and respect .
Unless we see there is no quality of life left for a cat or that it may be in pain or suffering we have a strict non destruct policy regardless of age breed or physical appearence.
All prospective homes will be subject to a pre adoption visit and post adoption check. If at any point Friends of Animals Wales considers any of its adopted cats to be placed in a situation which is deemed to be detremental to its health or in breech of its rehoming policies we reserve the right to re claim the animal for its own sake and wellbeing.
Friends of Animals Wales will seek legal council with regards to reclaiming any animal and take legal action if at any point any of our Adopted animals are used for breeding, fighting or subjected to abuse
PLEASE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS - THOSE MARKED WITH A RED ASTERISK MUST BE FILLED WITH AN ANSWER OR IF NOT RELEVANT TO YOUR THEN ANSWER N/A - IN ORDER FOR THE FORM TO SUBMIT CORRECTLY TO US