Teach Nevada Scholarship 2019-20 (Cohort 20)
The Teach Nevada Scholarship, if awarded, will provide the following for candidates who were accepted to the Accelerated Licensure Teacher Academy (ALTA) and who begin coursework in pursuit of their teacher certification during the Spring 2020 semester:

• Up to $2,250/semester can be awarded to each student, not to exceed a total of $24,000/student.

• If awarded, each student (through the ALTA program) receives 75% of award during each semester of attendance and the remaining 25% is to be deposited into a trust account established by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE).

• The 25% remains in the trust account until the student completes the preparation program, has maintained employment at a Nevada Public School for five consecutive years, teaches for three out of the five years at a school on the eligible school list , and meets any other requirements established by the State Board.

• The intent of these funds is to provide as close to full scholarships as possible. Therefore, students can only be awarded less if the tuition costs per semester are less than $2,250. If the tuition is higher than $2,250 per semester, a program must award no more than $2,250 per semester.


Preference will be given to applicants who fit the following criteria:


• Scholarship recipients who belong to a racial or ethnic minority group.
• Scholarship recipients who are veterans or whose spouses are veterans.
• Scholarship recipients who will be eligible to earn licensure/teach in a subject area for which there is a shortage of teachers:
+ Elementary
+ Secondary English Language Arts
+ Special Education
+ Secondary Science
+ Secondary Math

To apply, complete the following form and submit NO LATER than Friday, December 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm PST.

For further information contact the Clark County School District Alternative Routes to icensure Programs Department at 702-799-6120.

LEGISLATIVE NOTE: The student agrees to complete the requirements to obtain an endorsement to teach English as a second language or an endorsement to teach special education. https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/80th2019/Bill/6380/Text
Please provide the date of your conditional acceptance into the Clark County School District's ALTA Program.
MM
/
DD
/
YYYY
Email Address *
Phone Number *
Last Name *
First Name *
What is your ethnicity? *
What is your racial identity? (Select all that apply) *
Required
Are you a veteran or spouse of a veteran *
College GPA *
Which area of licensure are you pursing through the ALTA program? (select only one) *
Required
Briefly describe an achievement of which you are most proud, educationally-related or otherwise. *
Submit
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Clark County School District.