1. I hereby grant and assign to API Equality-LA any and all rights to the Work, including
without limitation any text, video recording, audio recording, filming or photographs thereof or
included therein, for all purposes, including without limitation educational, advocacy, research,
training, publicity, promotional, documentary or archival purposes.
2. I hereby grant to API Equality-LA and its employees, officers, directors, Steering
Committee members, volunteers, independent contractors, representatives and agents
(collectively, the “Authorized Parties”) all right, power and authority to use, reproduce,
transcribe, edit, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, publish, publicly perform,
publicly display, transmit or broadcast in or by means of any format or media now known
or hereinafter invented or discovered (including without limitation through social media or
webcasting and podcasting services), the following: (i) my name (including any professional
name adopted by me), (ii) my voice and likeness, (iii) my biographical material, (v) any
photographs of me or in which I am included in connection with the Work or provided by me to
any of the Authorized Parties, and (iii) the Work and the content thereof.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby absolutely and unconditionally waive
all rights and release the Authorized Parties from any and all claims, in any jurisdiction, now
or in the future, including without limitation claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation
and rights of publicity, copyright, attribution, integrity and disclosure, that may arise out of
the exercise by the Authorized Parties, or any of them, of any of the rights granted under this
4. I hereby waive any and all rights to inspect or approve any edited or finished version
of the Work, including without limitation any video recordings, audio recordings, films,
photographs or printed matter that may be based on, derived from or used in connection with the
Work, and to the eventual use that the Work or such edited or finished versions may be applied
by any of the Authorized Parties.
5. I represent and warrant that (i) I own all right, title and interest in and to the Work
exclusively, including without limitation its content, form and expression, free and clear of any
liens or encumbrances, and hold all requisite power to grant the rights and authority as provided
herein and (ii) the Work does not and will not infringe any copyright, trademark, trade secrets
or other proprietary rights of any third party. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless
each of the Authorized Parties from and against any and all losses, damages, liability, claims,
amounts in settlement thereof, lawsuits, actions and disputes, and any and all costs and expenses
in connection therewith (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising
from or relating to any such infringement or alleged infringement or any other breach of any
representation or warranty hereunder.
6. The rights granted to the Authorized Parties hereunder shall be perpetual, royalty-free
7. I agree and acknowledge that this Release contains the entire and complete agreement
concerning the subject matter hereof.
8. I hereby certify that I am over eighteen years of age and am competent to contract in
my own name insofar as the subject matter of this Release is concerned. If I am under eighteen
years of age, my parent or legal guardian has read this Release and has given his or her consent
by signing below for and on behalf of each of him or her and me.
9. I agree and acknowledge that I am entitled to and will receive no compensation for the
submission, acceptance or use of the Work.
10. This Release shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the State of California
without reference to principles of conflict of laws.