New Life Community Book Scholarship Application (2018-19)
The following outlines the criteria and qualifications for the New Life Community Book Scholarship Award. If selected, the recipient will be recognized and receive a certificate of award during New Life Church Annual Achievement and Appreciation Program on Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. The scholarship funds will be delivered in the form of a gift card or account credit at the bookstore of the recipient’s higher education institution.
Scholarship Amount: $500.00
In order to qualify, an applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Must be a graduating High School Senior living in Central Falls, Rhode Island.
2. Must have received a letter of acceptance from a undergraduate program at an accredited university, college, or trade school. A scanned copy of said letter must be attached to this application for verification.
3. Must have a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA (B+ Grade Average). Scanned copies of official transcripts must be attached to application for grade confirmation. Documents must contain institution letterhead. *GPA requirement is subject to waiver with proof of extenuating circumstances affecting academic performance.*
4. Must submit a typed, 250-word essay outlining their academic and/or professional goals and describing how these relate to their future service of the Central Falls Community.
5. Must submit two written recommendations from a combination of the following: current teacher(s), guidance counselor, coach, or principal. The recommendations should outline the applicant’s outstanding personal qualities.
6. If selected, must attend New Life Church's Graduation and Appreciation Program to complete the award process.
7. Must pledge a donation to the fund of this award upon completion of their undergraduate degree and attainment of employment.
The deadline for submission of this application is Friday, April 19, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered for the award unless otherwise specified. Applications without the required recommendations will not be considered for the award. Recommendations must be sent from a school-linked email address by the above date. Recommendations must list the Applicant Name, Recommending Party Name, and their relationship to the applicant at top of the page to be considered. Recommendations may be submitted, separately from this application, using the accompanying recommendation form by the above date.
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service