The Robert H. Smith School of Business strives to recognize alumni and champions whose achievements have significantly and positively affected business, society, and the Smith Community. The individuals nominated for these awards not only uphold the mission, vision, and values of our school, but they inspire future generations of students, alumni, and champions of the Smith School. Alumni and champions will be recognized at three different levels: Rising Stars, Trailblazers, and Distinguished Alumni.
The Rising Star honorees are individuals who ideally:
- Have 5-10 years of industry experience post-Smith
- Demonstrate a consistently high level of professional achievement through contributions
- Are at an early stage in their professional journey and career
- Actively engage and support Robert H. Smith School of Business programming
Trailblazer honorees are individuals who ideally:
- Have 10-20 years of industry experience post-Smith
- Demonstrate innovation and vision towards the outcome of initiatives, programs, approaches, and products
- Embody entrepreneurial spirit to shape their own paths in the business community
- Desire to significantly and positively affect society, through business, public service, philanthropy, civic engagement, innovation and entrepreneurship, and/or creating societal value
Distinguished Alumni honorees are individuals who ideally:
- Have 20+ years of industry experience post Smith
- Exemplify the values of the Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Commit themselves to bettering the Smith School network through efforts of philanthropy, coaching, hiring etc.
- Serve as an inspirational model for the Smith community through their professional endeavor
To be eligible for the award, nominees must be received by June 4, 2023. To nominate an individual, please use the form below and email SmithHallofFame@umd.edu with any questions.