Academic Torrents DMCA Request
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on our web site infringes your copyrights, then you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (please consult your legal counsel or See 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
Note: All content submitted here may be made public on the site
Here is a reproduction of Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17) Section 107:
"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—
(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors."
Here is a reproduction of the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17) Section 108:
"it is not an infringement of copyright for a library or archives ... if:
(1) the reproduction or distribution is made without any purpose of direct or indirect commercial advantage;
(2) the collections of the library or archives are (i) open to the public, or (ii) available not only to researchers affiliated with the library or archives or with the institution of which it is a part, but also to other persons doing research in a specialized field; and
(3) the reproduction or distribution of the work includes a notice of copyright that appears on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section, or includes a legend stating that the work may be protected by copyright if no such notice can be found on the copy or phonorecord that is reproduced under the provisions of this section."
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed:
Provide a description of the content in question:
How are you authorized to make the request? (content owner, authorized agent, etc..)
How is the content not covered under the Fair Use Act sections 107 or 108?
Provide a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
What is your name and contact information? (Note: All content submitted here may be made public on the site)
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Provide an email address of your company. We will not process requests from free mailboxes (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of λ.