Unit 01 Practice Quiz
Your LAST Name:
1. The ovary is part of which of the following two systems:
reproductive and respiratory systems
digestive and respiratory systems
endocrine and respiratory systems
digestive and endocrine systems
reproductive and endocrine systems
2. Which of the following includes only structures enclosed within the mediastinum?
esophagus, trachea, thymus
heart, trachea, lungs
pharynx, thymus, major vessels
lungs, esophagus, heart
brain, spinal cord
3. Which type of section could be used to separate the thoracic cavity from the abdominopelvic cavity:
4. Which of the following is an example of negative feedback?
Increased blood sugar stimulates the release of a hormone from the pancreas that stimulates the liver to release blood sugar.
Increased pressure in the aorta triggers mechanisms to lower blood pressure.
A rise in blood calcium levels triggers the release of a hormone that further raises blood calcium levels.
A rise in estrogen during the menstrual cycle increases the number of progesterone receptors in the uterus.
A increase in body temperature triggers a neural response that initiates physiological changes to increase body temperature.
5. Which of the following systems is matched most accurately to the life function it provides:
nervous system - responsiveness
muscular system - maintaining boundaries
nervous system - excretion
respiratory system - digestion
integumentary system - movement
6. Which of the following orientation and directional terms have the same meaning (in humans):
superior and caudal
inferior and cephalad
anterior and ventral
anterior and dorsal
inferior and cranial
7. Which of the following elements of a control system detects a change:
8. The stomach, liver, intestines, bladder, rectum, and reproductive organs are housed in the:
9. Which of the following is the correct order of elements in a control system:
stimulus, receptor, afferent pathway, control center, efferent pathway, effector, response
receptor, stimulus, efferent pathway, control center, afferent pathway, effector, response
effector, stimulus, efferent pathway, control center, afferent pathway, receptor, response
receptor, stimulus, afferent pathway, control center, efferent pathway, effector, response
stimulus, receptor, efferent pathway, control center, afferent pathway, effector, response
10. The waste products of metabolism are eliminated through the process of
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service