Deep Ellum Creative Market - DJ & Performer Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to perform at the first annual Deep Ellum Creative Market.
We have provided more information below.
Please start by providing your email address:
What is Deep Ellum Creative Market?
Deep Ellum Creative Market is a neighborhood-first and local-first art fair held outdoors in the middle of Dallas' Deep Ellum district.
We exist to shine a light on the incredible local creative talent in DFW, help preserve and celebrate the rich history of arts and diversity in the Deep Ellum neighborhood, and boost the local businesses in the area.
Deep Ellum Creative Market Graphics
Behind The Case Building at Main St and Trunk Ave
100 N Trunk Ave, Dallas, TX 75225
Saturday, November 9 • 1:00 – 8:00 pm
Sunday, November 10 • 1:00 – 8:00 pm
What kind of Performers/DJs are you looking for?
This is an outdoor arts festival and market, where people are coming primarily to shop for artworks and goods from local artists and creatives. It is important to understand that the music showcased will be secondary and complimentary to the goal of our vendors selling as much work as possible. You are providing a soundtrack for people to enjoy while they shop. That being said, there will be lots of acts that do not quite fit the bill for this event—if you want to be the star of the show, this is not the right event for you.
There are two types of performers we will have at the event:
- DJs (30 min –1 hour sets)
- Live Performers (20-25 minute sets, 5-10 minutes of setup – 30 minute total time blocks)
What we provide
• Sound System - 2 mains, 2 subs (left/right)
• Simple mixer (8 channels)
• 2 Microphones with stands
• 1 or 2 monitor speakers
• 4-6 power outlets
Info for DJs
You will need to bring your own mixing equipment (mixers, turntables, controllers, etc) and cables (XLR or 1/4 Stereo) to plug into our mixer which goes to the main speakers and monitors.
Info for Performers
We want to keep this as simple as possible, so we are limiting the amount and type of inputs we can allow for this year's event.
** Simple is the key word here. Think "unplugged" / stripped down style sets. **
Examples of ideal performers include:
(A) one or two vocalists with backing tracks or backing DJ.
(B) a saxophonist and a keyboardist with or without a vocalist.
(C) a singer-songwriter who uses one mic for vocals and one mic for an acoustic guitar.
• An instrument which can be plugged directly into the mixer (via a DI that you provide), but we will have to be selective. Examples include electronic keyboards.
• An instrument which can be played directly into a microphone (without an amp). Examples include acoustic guitars, trumpets, saxophones, etc.
• Any simple electronic setup where you provide one output to the main mixer and can be set up and ready in 5-10 minutes. Examples include a live electronic act with drum pads, keyboards, etc which are connected to a laptop or mixer with one output to the main.
• Live drums or instruments which require external amps + mics (too complicated and not enough time to sound check)
• Anything that takes longer than 10 minutes to set up and sound check
Types Of Music
• All music must be relatively "clean" as this is a family friendly event for all ages. Please prepare your set accordingly.
• Preferred genres include: Blues, Soul, R&B, Jazz, Singer/Songwriter, Pop, Top 40, Old School Hip Hop, 50s-80s Rock N Roll, Disco
• Not as preferred but may be accepted: Punk, Electronic/EDM/House
We are limited in our budget to paying performers at a rate of $40 per hour. This event is ridiculously expensive to produce, and yes, that is the best we can offer. (Also keep in mind that the Deep Ellum Arts Festival does not pay performers at all.)
Performers will be compensated $20 for each 30 minute time block.
Payment will be done via Venmo or PayPal after your performance or on Monday, April 29, 2019.
If you would like to instead volunteer your performance time, it is greatly appreciated, and will free up budget space for other areas.
We will provide water for all musicians.
Your first and last name.
What City Are You Based In?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of DECENT.