Each lesson is designed to have you watch the short video BEFORE taking the quiz. In this way you will be more likely to retain the information in this lesson.
Your results will immediately be emailed to you. Keep these emails for your record so you can prove completion of this lesson. When all lessons from both the Old and the New Testament are completed you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Bible Literacy. Contact us at
with final results.
If you like the book of 1 Timothy, you might want to learn more. Click the following link to go deeper in the book of 1 Timothy:
1. Why did Paul send Timothy to Ephesus?
He wanted Timothy to take a vacation
He wanted Timothy to start a church
He wanted Timothy to confront corrupt leaders and their strange teachings
He wanted some ice cream from Ephesus
2. What is the result of genuine Christian teaching?
Love and genuine faith
People will read out of the ESV
More church buildings
3. The purpose of the Torah was to...
Expose the truth about the human condition
Show Christians how to break the law
Bring more people to Jerusalem
Keep people from eating ham
4. Who are some female leaders that Paul references in other letters?
Joan, Mary, and Elizabeth
Pam, Kelly, and Meredith
Phoebe, Junia, and Priscilla
Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe
5. Paul encourages Timothy to appoint WHO to help lead the church?
Elders and overseers
Professors and teachers
Managers from Chick-fil-a
6. What does the word "Deacon" mean?
7. Elders, overseers, and deacons are to have healthy relationships in their families in order to...
Effectively lead God's family, the church
Make others feel bad about their families
Help communicate social practices
Feel better about themselves
8. When Paul hears that some people are teaching not to eat meat or get married he thinks...
It's a great idea
It's probably just a trend
It's worth trying
9. What a church believes will shape...
How they live and behave
How much money they give to televangelists
The style of their worship service
Whether the sermon is topical or expository
10. The church should be known for...
How many members they have
Integrity and service to the poor out of devotion to King Jesus
The amount of money they send to the mission field
What they DON'T do
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service