2022 Hope Shores Counselor in Training Application
Title: Hope Shores Bible Camp Counselor in Training (CIT)
Job Location: Hope Shores Bible Camp + Retreat Center, 17087 TTT Road, Eden Valley, MN 55329
Application Due Date: April 21st, 2022
Week: June 19 - 24 (2nd – 5th Grade Week 1) and/or June 26 - July 1 (2nd - 5th Grade Week 2)
This is a volunteer position to build experience, leadership, and character and to encourage faith development.
Meals, lodging and t-shirts will be provided.
Purpose: To assist camp staff in providing a safe, encouraging, fun, and Christ-centered experience for campers through serving alongside a counselor and caring for and playing with their cabin of campers for a week. As a result, the CIT will grow in character, leadership, and in their relationship with Christ.
Characteristics and Qualifications
This person is…
1. committed to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. personable and able to connect with kids and staff.
3. a team player who is committed to the purpose of camp.
4. experienced in working with kids and/or diverse groups of people.
5. a hard worker who is willing to try new things and be a good role model.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Assists one counselor in their cabin to help guide and lead young campers.
2. Provides leadership and is responsible for maintaining order in a cabin, especially during times the counselor must be out of the cabin (rest hour and staff meetings).
3. Provides care, fun, support, encouragement, direction and love to campers in their direct supervision (cabin).
4. Supports the camp mission of a Christ-centered, faith-filled experience.
5. Enjoys participating in camper activities and is an energetic and fun presence.
6. Follows closely the printed weekly schedule with attention to responsibilities and times of activities.
7. Encourages campers spiritually by praying for them and sharing with them.
8. Participates in all activities and sets an example in responsible and respectful behavior.
9. Fully participates in CIT-designated activities.
10. Assists with other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships: This position reports to the CIT/JC Coordinator and Camp Director, and is overseen by the counselor in their particular cabin.
Education: Must have completed one year of High School (9-12 grade)
Requirements for application and acceptance:
1. Complete application.
2. Attend group interview on Sunday, April 24th at 1:00 p.m. or Wednesday, April 27th at 8:00 p.m at Hope Church (choose one)
3. Attend Camp Clean-Up at Hope Shores on Saturday, June 4th, 2022.
4. Attend required CIT training at Hope Shores on Thursday, June 16th, 2022.
5. Cooperate with staff leaders and directors and follow established behavior guidelines.