Associate Board Application Form
Thank you for your interest in joining Latin American Youth Center’s Associate Board (LAYC’s AB). Below you will find information regarding the Associate Board as well as the membership application to serve as an Associate Board Member during the 2019-2020 term. The term starts October 1, 2019 and ends September 30, 2020. Please check the LAYC AB Website for more detailed information.
Associate Board Mission Statement
The mission of LAYC’s Associate Board is to support LAYC by cultivating an environment where young professionals can contribute their talents and resources to build a network of supporters, volunteers and ambassadors.
Established in 2011, LAYC’s Associate Board is comprised of young professionals who focus on developing new corporate and individual donor support, professional development and training opportunities, and a base of volunteers for LAYC. In addition to introducing new supporters, networks, and institutions, LAYC’s Associate Board coordinates and executes fundraising events to benefit the agency.
About Latin American Youth Center
Latin American Youth Center's (LAYC) mission is to empower a diverse population of youth to achieve a successful transition to adulthood, through multi-cultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths' social, academic, and career needs. To achieve that mission, LAYC provides services and opportunities to approximately 4,000 individuals annually to support academic achievement, promote healthy behaviors, and guide youth toward successful adulthood. LAYC also conducts advocacy and public policy work to broaden opportunities for youth.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Associate Board (AB) Member you will be responsible for the following:
● Adhering to the Bylaws set forth by the AB;
● Attending the Annual Retreat (around the start of the new term);
● Attending 3/4 of all regularly scheduled AB meetings (bi-monthly, approximately six (6) total);
● Attending all Professional Development Seminars (approximately three (3) total);
● Attending and/or contributing to at least two (2) LAYC events (ie Breakfast for Heroes and Gala);
● Actively participate on at least one AB Committee Team
● Sitting as an ex-officio member on at least one of LAYC’s Board of Directors Standing Committees;
● Raising and/or donating a minimum of $300 through LAYC’s Heroes Circle;
● Raising and/or donating to yearly fundraising goals set by the AB;
● Responsible for supporting the recruitment and retention efforts of the AB;
● Not participating in any activities that would be considered detrimental to LAYC or LAYC’s AB.
In addition to past leadership experience, AB Members are expected to have concrete skills developed through professional experience in areas such as business, law, nonprofit management, and/or past involvement in volunteering and fundraising. Three years of professional experience (combined of work and education is acceptable) is preferred. Associate Board service ranges in capacity— from administrative duties to program/event planning to providing in-kind services or taking a position as a member of the Leadership Committee. The duration of an AB term of service is one year (October to September).
We look forward to receiving your application!
- The 2019-2020 LAYC Associate Board
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Latin American Youth Center.