Resilience Training - for refugee workers
iTeams Netherlands would like to invite you to a training day for all those who work with or serve among refugees and asylum seekers. The training will focus on developing a practical understanding of resilience and how to foster it in yourself and others.
The training will be led by Tim Elverson from the UK based organisation Life Transitions (
). Tim specialises in training for refugees and asylum seekers and those who work with them in the area of resilience and developing healthy ways forward. He is active in the European Refugee Highway Partnership which is a network of people and organisations involved in refugee work across Europe.
The training will cover the following areas of resilience:
• RESILIENCE: Define resilience and its importance. Identify the characteristics of resilient people and how to foster it.
• SAFETY: manages and understands their environment to promote security and stability
• BELONGING: engages readily with others, builds strong relationships and communicates effectively.
• ESTEEM: maintains a healthy perception of self despite their situation.
• AGENCY: makes realistic decisions, solves problems and follows through with their plans
• MEANING: contextualises their circumstances within a greater narrative to give hope and endurance
REGISTRATION for the iTeams NL Resilience Training Day - for those who work with asylum seekers and refugees.
When: November 22, 2019
What time: 10.00 - 16.00
Where: De Goede Herder Kerk, Smidsweg 20, 3852 XB, Ermelo
Cost: 20 euros (inclusive tea/coffee and simple lunch)
Payment: NL 59 RABO 0326 1690 59 t.n.v. iTeams o.v.v. VW-TR
(As there are limited numbers your registration is reserved upon payment.)
To register please complete the form - you should receive a confirmation email with your details.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
I would like to attend the Training Day.
Number of people to register
Organisation (if applicable)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of International Teams Australia Inc.