Black Political Cultivation Arizona (BPCAZ): General Job Application 2021
Please read and consider all of the following information before submitting your application.
Black Political Cultivation Arizona (BPCAZ) is a Black, queer, neurodivergent, femme and nonbinary-led 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. We are flexing our creativity and passion in electoral, organizing, and public policy work to dismantle the systems that categorize our vibrant identities as targets and keep our people poor and caged. We are fighting to transform the quality of life for people of all marginalized identities and backgrounds in our community. Our organization is based in Phoenix, Arizona and is focused on winning transformational policy change at the City of Phoenix, Maricopa County, and state of Arizona levels. Check our website to see more information about our organization:
November 2021 Job Openings:
- Field and Organizing Minister: Full time director-level position, contracted monthly or salary. Oversees development and execution of the field and organizing program. Full job description:
- Organizers: full time positions. Must be willing to work at least one weekend day Sat or Sun per week and into early evenings on weekdays on a regular basis.
- Organizing Fellows: part time position (15-25 hrs per week). Ideally willing to work at least one weekend day Sat or Sun per week and into early evenings on weekdays on a regular basis. Ideal position for students and can be used for college internship credit if desired. Starting at $15 per hour.
- Operations and Administrative Fellow: part time (10-20 hrs per week). Ideal position for students and can be used for college internship credit if desired. Starting at $15 per hour. Full job description:
Organizer responsibilities include door-to-door canvassing, voter registration, event planning and hosting, phonebanking and textbanking, literature dropping, and all around voter contact and community engagement activities that further BPCAZ's mission. Organizer full job description:
General required qualifications:
- Current or recent resident of Maricopa County, Arizona (or willing to relocate within three months of hiring).
- Values-aligned with BPV's vision of the future for our people.
- Personal computer access, steady internet access, and reliably quiet place to work remotely and participate in virtual meetings (BPCAZ employees work from home, but may head to public locations and community events on a regular basis).
General desired qualifications:
- Direct lived or service experience in the Black community, preferably in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Bilingual in any language a bonus, but not required.
We especially encourage applicants that are Black, immigrants and refugees, women or nonbinary people, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, and people of working-class backgrounds to apply, but everyone is welcome.
This application includes several short questions about you, your experience, and your availability to work. Upon completion of the application, we will reach out to select candidates for virtual interviews. Applicants who are not accepted for the position will be kept in our talent bank in case of future job openings or referrals among the Arizona progressive professionals community.
We are continually seeking out talent and are accepting general applications/resumes from any one who believes they may be a fit for our organization.
Any additional questions about the application, organization, or position can be directed to
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Which position(s) are you applying for? (select all that apply)
General application/resume submission/other
Field and Organizing Minister (Full time)
Organizer (Full time)
Organizing Fellow (Part time)
Operations and Administrative Fellow (part time)
First and Last Name
City, State of Residence, and Zip Code
What # Congressional AND Arizona state legislative districts do you live in? If you don't know, use this link to find what districts you live in:
This helps us get an initial understand what parts of the state we may be represented among our staff.
Have you previously applied, were interviewed, or were have been previously employed with our organization?
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of blackphxvotes.org.