Winterwind 2020 - abstract submission form, closes Monday, Nov 11, 2019
Winterwind has after 12 years evolved into a shared experience arena. Winterwind is the place where industry and science meet to improve utilization of wind power in harsh climates. Consequently, abstracts relevant to wind power located at cold climate sites, i.e. in low temperature and icing conditions, will be considered. The program committee will favor presentations conveying (without any given priority in the following categories):
a) practical operational methods and experiences,
b) recent research (theories, methods and verifications),
c) independent comparisons (carried out by universities, test institutes, certification bodies etc.) of methods and products as well as
d) innovations presented by suppliers of components and services. More info at
Gender representation - The Swedish Windpower Association and the Winterwind 2020 program committee are actively working towards a fair gender balance of presenters at the conference, i.e. a substantial increase in the number of female presenters. We wish all branch delegates and researchers to inform and encourage colleagues and project collaborators to apply to the Call for Abstracts and the Open Innovation Contest.
Selection of abstracts is going to be based solely on the content of abstracts.
Open Innovation Contest:
Institution or company, country (Example: My company, DK)
Phone number (example +4670594570, during the conference, will not be published)
Author Names and Affiliations
List of all co-authors: names, affiliations and country, e.g. John Winter (VTT, FI), Sara Snow (DNV, GB)
01. O&M experiences incl. performance optimization, production losses
02. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) incl. ice throw and noise
03. Inspection and repair
04. Construction of wind farms in cold climates (preparations, foundations and installations)
05. Market potential, finance, risk assessment, bankability and mitigation
06. Wind turbine manufacturers – cold climate solutions, test centres, turbines and components
07. Forecasting, cloud physics and aerodynamics
08. Pre-construction site assessment, measurements, models and standards
09. Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
10. De-/anti-icing including new technologies, ice detection & control incl. standards
11. Onshore turbines, aerodynamics, loads and control
12. Laboratory and full-scale testing, small wind turbines
13. Offshore and near offshore – access, foundations incl. artificial islands
14. Big Data, AI, digitalization and machine learning applied to cold climate challenges
15. National strategies, research programs, grid access, system services and new developments
Paper poster, size A0, presenter prints
Electronic poster (folder with numbered jpg in Full HD (1920x1080)
This is the title of my presentation (Please note: This is Not The Title of My Presentation)
Please limit to 4000 characters (including references)
Presenter Website URL
Link to Presenter's website (does not need to be specific to presentation)
Presenter biography (max 2 000 characters)
Please present your background, relevant experiences and at least one personal interest
Permission to publish the abstract in the Winterwind 2020 Book of Abstracts
I permit my abstract to be published in the Winterwind 2020 Book of Abstracts.
Permission to publish the presentation in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings
I permit my presentation to by published in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings "as is".
I will submit a publishable version of my presentation as a pdf prior to my presentation.
I don't permit my presentation to be published in the Winterwind 2020 proceedings.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service