Since 2010, BBP has created transformative retreat experiences that advance an intersectional approach to divesting from patriarchy through personal development and capacity building grounded in racial and gender justice. As such, this leadership retreat is a focused experience for people of color working with masculinity through local groups, organizations, or other community-based initiatives. We invite community builders, organizers, artists, facilitators and advocates of all genders to apply!
Next Steps and Important Dates:
Step 1: Ensure availability for retreat dates November 16th - 20th, 2023
Step 2: Complete this application by October 11th 11:59PM PST
Step 3: Check your email! If you are selected, you will be invited to interview with us
Accepted applicants can expect:
- Travel support, free housing and meals at a beautiful ranch in Tucson, Arizona.
- Time to rest, reflect, and take care of your mind/body/spirit.
- Facilitated workshops and activities intended to develop our political alignment and collective understanding of liberatory masculinities.
- A chill but lively gender-diverse space that values transmasculine organizing and community building.
- Opportunities to stay connected and continue building relationships post retreat.
- A sober space
- A COVID protocol that requires all participants to be vaccinated, tested before travel and on site, and wear kn95 or kf94 masks while traveling and whenever indoors (we can provide masks).
Space is very limited. We'll respond to all applications with next steps and will continue to communicate upcoming opportunities for anyone not selected for this retreat. If you have any application questions, please contact us at email@example.com.