Causes of the Civil War Events #6-#12 Submission
Your LAST name
Your FIRST name
Your class period
1. Which of the following was the biggest "political issue" that divided the nation before the Civil War?
possible War with Mexico
2. Which of the following was a problem with Missouri becoming a state?
there were not enough people in Missouri
Congress could not create states west of the Mississippi River
Missouri wanted to be a slave state which upset the balance in the Senate
Missouri belonged to Mexico
3. Which of the following individuals came up with the Missouri Compromise?
John C Calhoun
4. As a result of Missouri entering the Union as a slave state, which of the following free states was added?
5. Which of the following best describes the 36' 30" Line?
slavery would be legal in all new states north of the line
slavery would be illegal in all new states south of the line
slavery would be illegal in the Louisiana Purchase
all new states north of the line would be free, slave states would be made south of the line
6. Who was elected president in 1848?
7. What was responsible for the rise of California's population in 1849?
a silver strike
the Gold Rush
war with England
8. What was the problem with California becoming a state in 1850?
there would be more free states than slave states in the Senate
there would be more slave states than free states in the Senate
the balance of power in the Senate would stay the same
President Lincoln did not want to offend Mexico by annexing California
9. Which of the following individuals came up with the Compromise of 1850?
10. Which of the following was part of the Compromise of 1850?
California entered the Union as free state
Fugitive Slave Law
Popular Sovereignty in the territories
all of these
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service