This is an unpaid internship. The internship session will run approximately 6-8 weeks based on applicant's availability June through November 15, 2019.
Interns must commit to 4-5 hours weekly. Your start and end dates as well as any vacation or time off will be determined on an individual basis to constitute a 6-8 week internship. However, if agreed upon service falls under 4-5 hours weekly for 2 weeks, you will be dismissed from the internship. You may of course continue as an "as needed" volunteer for as few or as many hours as you like.
Interns must report internship schedule changes or anticipated time-off with a volunteer coordinator in advance.
INTERNSHIP ROLLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interns are expected to represent Sophia Chadda for Bernards Township Committee, and to carry out volunteer tasks in such a manner that will reflect respect for self, others, and the community.- Interns may help with event set up, staffing, and/or break down for the campaign at community events, fundraisers, meet & greets, or meetings. Some event tasks include: helping with set up, greeting guests, managing guest sign in, maintaining refreshments, and helping with clean up. - Interns may help to distribute campaign materials at events or door-to-door.- Interns may canvass door-to-door with a partner.- Interns may help to prepare materials for events and canvassing.- Interns may help with phone banking.- Interns may help with deploying and collecting lawn signs. - Interns may assist with administrative tasks including: data entry, copying/ printing, calling and/ or emailing volunteers, creating event flyers and materials, organizing campaign materials.
- Interns are expected to maintain a positive school attendance record. If an intern is absent from school, he/she will not be permitted to attend internship activities that afternoon or evening.
- Interns will report to their confirmed volunteer activities on time, and will call ahead if they are unable to attend.
- Interns must provide their own transportation to and from internship activities and events. However, those over 18 may ride with adult campaign volunteer, if discussed in advance.
- Regardless of age, interns will not consume alcohol or abuse any substances while interning or staffing campaign events. - All campaign strategy is considered confidential, and all volunteers are expected to treat it as such.
- To apply for an internship, please complete and submit this form. If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Santaiti at email@example.com.
Paid for by Sophia Chadda for Bernards Township Committee, PO Box 5352, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.