Island Grown Schools Volunteer Application 2014
Volunteer Opportunities with Island Grown Schools
There are infinite ways to work with us, and we look forward to finding the ones that best fit your time available, interests, and skills. Some examples of volunteer opportunities include:
• Volunteer in our school gardens: help tend and maintain our gardens in the spring, summer, and fall.
• Harvest of the Month: come help for an hour or two at our monthly taste tests, at one or more schools.
• Lesson assistance: Lend a hand as our IGS staff leads lessons in classrooms and in the school gardens.
• Garden advice: Volunteer to be a garden mentor at one or more of our schools.
• Photography: Help us document our lessons and events
• Carpentry: Help maintain raised garden beds, garden fences, build toolsheds, and more.
• Fundraising: Help us with grant writing, organizing fundraising events, and reaching out to potential donors.
• Events: Table with us at community events, to talk about IGS and sell merchandise.
And much more! Help us find the volunteer opportunities that are right for you.
Volunteering with Island Grown Schools
Thank you for volunteering with Island Grown Schools! Our program relies on the participation of our community, and we are grateful that you are interested in sharing your time and skills with us.
This form will help you to understand what IGS is about, and ways you can best support our work.
Our mission is to empower a new generation of students on Martha's Vineyard to make healthy eating choices, learn to grow food and connect to local farms.
We work to accomplish our mission in four different program areas: in classrooms, through hands-on lessons tied to teaching frameworks and standards; in school gardens, where we use cross curricular learning to plant, tend and harvest food; on farms where we engage in the important work of food production; and in the cafeteria where we work together with cafeteria staff and farmers to encourage healthy, whole foods based eating.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service