Sensory Friendly Hours are a time for families to enjoy a quieter and less-crowded visit to the Montshire at a discounted rate. This event has been organized in partnership with Sensory Friendly Upper Valley, a collaboration between the Dartmouth Autism Research Initiative and the Special Needs Support Center.
During these hours, the Montshire will offer:
• Limited participation of up to 70 people
• Reduced sound from select exhibits
• Quiet respite space with sensory support supplies
• Visitor social story, also available on our website (montshire.org/visit/museum-accessibility
• Masks are required for all visitors age 3 and up when indoors.
• If masking presents a severe sensory challenge, a face shield is an acceptable substitute; masks are preferred.
• Masks are not required outside the building unless interacting closely with others, including Museum staff.
During the sensory friendly hours, admission is free to all due to support from the Keller family.
Reservations are appreciated but not required.