Implementation of this scheme will have dire consequences for students, current and leaving staff, postgraduates who teach and the already stretched mental health services.
In line with the sentiments expressed at the Emergency meeting held between the Campus unions, we the students of Keele:
- Oppose the imposition of staff cuts;
- Challenge the case put by the University to justify its proposals;
- Call for more information, data and clarity on the financial rationale for cuts to staffing which would inevitably lead to a loss of morale and a diminished student experience;
- Call for senior management to demonstrate that we are all in this together by taking immediate salary and associated benefit reductions;
- Call for the Campus unions to continue collective action in response to the University's financial sustainability plan.