Bike Food Delivery (Volunteer Sign Up Form)
Sign up here if you would like to participate in this program to deliver groceries or other supplies by bike from food pantries to help people who are experiencing food insecurity.
Volunteers can expect to receive roughly 1 email per week soliciting volunteers to deliver food from various food pantries in Cambridge (Cambridge Community Center & Margaret Fuller House).
Volunteers making deliveries should:
- not have traveled out of state or country in the last 14 days,
- not be exhibiting any signs of compromised health (e.g. runny nose, cough, fever, etc.),
- not have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days,
- have been practicing “social distancing” -- staying indoors, avoiding crowds, staying 6 feet away from other people when outside,
- have been washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer, for the past 14 days,
- are 18 years old or older,
- wear gloves during delivery.
Name (First Last)
Your Phone Number
Where would you like to deliver food from?
We deliver food for food pantries each week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. We send out an email each week soliciting bike delivery volunteers for the following week. Delivery from local grocery stores happens on an as-needed basis. We typically get about 1-2 requests for delivery from grocery stores each week. If you'd like to deliver from local grocery stores, you will receive an email notification each time someone requests delivery with instructions on how to sign up to complete the delivery.
Local Grocery Stores
Food Pantries & Local Grocery Stores
This Release and Waiver of Liability releases Cambridge Bike Delivery, Cambridge Bicycle Safety, and each of its organizers. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Cambridge Bike Delivery and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with Cambridge Bike Delivery is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that Cambridge Bike Delivery will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to Cambridge Bike Delivery.
1.Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Cambridge Bike Delivery from any liability or claim that I may have against Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety beyond what may be offered freely by Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Cambridge Bike Delivery.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Cambridge Bike Delivery may include activities that may be hazardous to me. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release Cambridge Bike Delivery and Cambridge Bicycle Safety from all liability.
5. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Massachusetts and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By clicking the box below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of liability willingly and voluntarily.
Agreement to waiver
I agree to the Waiver above.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service