Home to School Communication
Home to School Communication
Lawton Chiles Middle Academy is committed to regular communication of school activities and student progress so that parents can be actively involved in their child’s education. Our school offers the following to ensure clear and concise communication between school and home. Please be sure to connect to all of them in order to stay current and involved.
• School Messenger – This tool is a telephone/email notification system that allows us to connect with our parents and guardians by sending various school-related messages that can range from upcoming school events to emergency situations. We need you to opt in as soon as possible. You can grant permission by visiting the School Messenger Info Center website at
To sign in or create an account, click “Sign Up” on the top right menu. You must have a current email address on file in order to participate in the opt-in process.
• Open Door Policy – Please always feel free to call us or set an appointment with us to share your concerns and positive comments.
• Convenient Teacher Contact – Teachers are available by both e-mail (
) and by phone (499-2742). Also check the teachers’ websites at
• Knights in Training Card (KIT Card) – Check out how your child is behaving at school each day.
– Visit the LCMA website and Facebook page for current information and activities, and our up-to-date calendar.
• School Advisory Council – The SAC Procedure Guidelines may be accessed at our website –
• PTSO/Open House: Tuesday, September 10, 2020 - 5:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Meeting for parents of students taking high school credit courses. Tuesday, September 10, 2020 – 6:00 p.m. – Attend your child’s classes throughout the evening for five minutes each. See what he/she does during the day.
• Remind – This is a communication tool that helps us connect instantly with students and parents. Mrs. Kendrick sends quick and simple messages to your device with updates you don’t want to miss. Here are the links to sign-up for the Remind messages from Mrs. Kendrick.
or text lcmapa to 81010.
• Padlet – This communication is an online bulletin board that displays information including school announcements, upcoming activities and student requirements. Padlet is updated frequently and it is recommended that you save this link and check it regularly.
• Parent Portal – This allows parents to access very important student information including viewing grades, schedules, academic history, etc. Each parent is assigned his/her own user name and password. A PIN number is necessary to create this account and can be obtained from the front office. Once you have this information, it will work for the entirety of your students’ academic career.
Please note that any changes to the Emergency Contact Information need to be done in person. Only the enrolling parent will be able to update this information.
Thank you for connecting with us!
This form was created inside of Polk County Schools.