Athens Land Trust Volunteer Liability Waiver
This volunteer liability waiver MUST be signed before you are able to volunteer with Athens Land Trust.
Would you like to receive more Information about volunteering with us?
Athens Land Trust Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Athens Land Trust and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for community agriculture, conservation and affordable housing. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include working outside, strenuous activities, physical labor, exposure to hazardous conditions, working with tools or other circumstances that may result in personal injuries. The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Athens Land Trust and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with Athens Land Trust. VOLUNTEER UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES ATHENS LAND TRUST FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT THE VOLUNTEER MAY HAVE AGAINST ATHENS LAND TRUST WITH RESPECT TO ANY BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM VOLUNTEER'S ACTIVITIES WITH ATHENSLAND TRUST, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ATHENS LAND TRUST OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OR OTHERWISE. VOLUNTEER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT ATHENS LAND TRUST DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER ASSISTANCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL, HEALTH, OR DISABILITY INSURANCE IN THE EVENT OF INJURY OR ILLNESS.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Athens Land Trust from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's Activities with Athens Land Trust.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, bending, lifting, outdoor exposure, physical labor, construction, using tools and transportation to and from the work sites. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases Athens Land Trust from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Athens Land Trust in writing, Athens Land Trust does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Athens Land Trust all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Athens Land Trust during the Volunteer's Activities with Athens Land Trust, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Georgia, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
Do you agree to the above terms?
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Phone Number
Emergency Contact Relationship
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Athens Land Trust.
Terms of Service