When you think of summer camp what do you think of? As a former camp counselor, I think of lakes, canoes, hiking trails, camp events, the mess hall, hot weather, summer flings, bathing suits, sunblock, wooden signs, camp counselors sneaking out at night, and campers doing the things they’re told not to. I also think of Friday the 13th, ghosts, rustling bushes, drowning in the lake, mystery shacks in the middle of the woods, inexplicable sounds, local legends, midnight rendezvous, ghastly murders from the past. Clearly, I have issues. Anything related to summer camp that is spooky goes and any time period is fine.
All writers are welcome. All genres are welcome. All art is welcome. All talent levels welcome.
Due to time restraints, I AM ONLY TAKING THE FIRST 35 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP. Stories are due: August 1, 2017.
1. Turn your work in by the deadline.
2. Keep your word count between 1000 to 4000 words. If you’re making art, be able to provide me with a high res image.
3. Be nice.
1. Sign up below.
2. Invent a story or create some spooky art.
3. By August 1st, 2017, send your work to me, along with any bio or pictures or buy links you want me to include to Jolene.Haley@gmail dot com
4. Try to survive the summer…if you dare. Enjoy reveling in the spooky all month long.
*images found here*https://cdn6.ihorror.com/app/uploads/summer-camp.jpghttp://media7.fast-torrent.ru/media/files/s1/gn/xu/razgar-leta.jpghttps://krmr.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lakeview.jpg