Become a Worship Associate at UU Marin!
Would you like to share your spiritual journey and contribute to our community by serving as a Worship Associate? Please consider filling out this form!
The goals of the WA program are to:
• Provide an avenue for lay people to participate in the creation of worship services.
• Practice shared ministry between professional worship staff and members of the congregation.
• Offer lay training in theological reflection, storytelling and service leadership.
Our hope is that WAs will:
• Gain a better understanding and ability to articulate their own spiritual outlooks.
• Enjoy the electrifying connection that comes from creating community worship.
• Experience a path of spiritual deepening through wrestling with challenging issues and questions in the creative collaboration of crafting worship services.
WAs contribute to services in a variety of ways:
• Leading liturgical elements such as the Chalice Lighting and Offering.
• Sharing experience from their own journeys and spirituality through leading the Opening Story or Time for Centering.
• The role is open to creativity and can involve leading other standard or innovative elements in worship.
WAs make a commitment to:
• Attend Worship Associate retreat from 10am-3pm on Saturday, June 1, 2019.
• Help lead worship once every month or two, depending on the number of WAs.
• Attend monthly WA meetings to reflect on upcoming themes, evaluate our services, and plan ahead.
Worship Associates are typically expected to serve for three years. After that, we ask that people involve themselves in different church activities for a few years so that many voices can share in leading our services. After some time has passed, however, past WAs are warmly welcomed to apply again to serve as a WA.
We wish to have our WAs reflect the diversity of our congregation and our community. Because people feel most welcome when they see their own identities represented in the array of people leading worship, we will seek a team of WAs that spans the diversity in our community.
Interest forms are due by May 1, 2019. WAs will be notified ASAP of their selection. We ask applicants to understand in advance that depending on numbers, we may not be able to accept all strong candidates.
In brief, what is your religious, non-religious or spiritual background? What’s your relationship to Unitarian Universalism?
What was a particularly memorable worship moment for you at UU Marin or elsewhere? What made that service speak to you?
What skills, talents, experience or special knowledge are you excited to offer as a worship leader? Do you have experience in public speaking? No experience required!
Do you have any fears or concerns about serving in this role?
Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service