We're excited to assist you in booking your whale watch field trip!
Cabrillo Whalewatch Naturalists - trained by the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and the American Cetacean Society, Los Angeles Chapter - will be onboard to help your young scientists learn about the marine life that is seen throughout your trip! We also offer a free, in-class presentation when booking with Landings that are in our program.
Cabrillo Whalewatch trips leave from Redondo Beach (Redondo Beach Whale Watching) and Long Beach (Spirit Cruises). Group rates start as low as $15 per child for groups.
Reasons for booking with the Cabrillo Whalewatch Program:
- We offer discounted rates for classes and groups.
- A Whalewatch naturalist can speak to your class or group FREE OF CHARGE!
- Our program is California State standards-based and adaptable to all grade-levels’ needs.
- You will be joined on board by friendly naturalists trained by the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and the American Cetacean Society, Los Angeles Chapter.
- Our naturalists have the most accurate, current information about Pacific gray whale research and issues affecting whales, dolphins and the marine environment.
- Our naturalists want to make your trip a great experience and are available to answer questions while at sea.
- Our naturalists have a variety of visual aids and specimens to make your whale watching more informative and educational.
- Our naturalists must pass an annual certification exam that covers not only the biology and behavior of the Pacific gray whale, but information about dolphins, sea lions, birds and points of interest found in our harbors and along our coastline.
- All passengers receive an "Official Whalewatcher" card to commemorate their trip.
- More than 1.5 million children and adults have participated in whale watch excursions with Cabrillo Whalewatch since it was founded in 1972.
Please complete the form below to help us match you with the best opportunities to get your students out on the water!