2022 Buckeye Breakway SAG & HAM Signup
This is the official signup form for the 2022 MS150 Buckeye Breakaway Bike Tour (formerly Pedal to the Point)
We are back to a two day event this August 6-7, 2022 with some exciting changes that I have been pushing the National MS Society to adopt for the past 3-5 years. Here they are:
1. SAGS: The MS Society will refund *actual* fuel consumption with a receipt this year. Please consider arriving with a full tank and then at the end of each day top your tank off, get a receipt, and we'll get the MS Society to refund your actual consumed fuel expenses.
2. The event will start in Berea, Ohio this year instead of Brunswick
3. The event will return to Sandusky this year!
4. The event will finish at Sawmill Creek Resort, a Cedar Fair Property
5. There will be normal routes that move from east to west on Saturday, but also a one day route that begins from Sawmill Creek and returns to Sawmill Creek on Saturday for the one day short loop riders.
This last item is a big change for us. The motivation is to allow those single day riders to park their car where the finish will be, in addition to partaking in all of the finish line festivities. When their route just ended in the middle of the day they didn't have a formal finish line. This means we'll have bicyclists traveling in many confusing directions this year as the final miles into Sawmill Creek will result in overlapping routes.
We are in the final stages of finalizing those routes and rest stops. The MS Society will strive to re-use as many rest stops as they can, but these new route options may introduce additional rest stops to staff. Most importantly:
I anticipate a need to have a "west end side" crew who will need to provide SAG support in a 30 mile loop out near the finish beginning from 8am to support not just the "first due" 75 mile riders, but to support those short loop riders who are start from Sawmill. As a result, I'm really interested in staffing heavy for SAGs this year.
If you sign up on this form you will begin to get my regular email updates as I learn meaningful information from the MS Society.