Duties of the Junior Motion Designer include providing animation, design, and storyboard support working with our Directors, Designers, Producers, and Editors to create outstanding animation, design, and boards for our projects. The Junior Motion Designer is involved in the inspiration, concepting, design, illustration, animation, motion graphics, compositing, boarding, and execution of creative ideas from Directors.
The Junior Motion Designer must have outstanding design sense, creative talent, positive proactive attitude and exemplary work-ethic with the ability to take constructive criticism. The Junior Animator must have the ability to positively react to feedback, make the necessary revisions for projects and hit the required deadlines.
• Bachelor (4-Year) degree with a degree in Fine Arts, such as Illustration, Motion / Graphic Design, or Film.
• Relevant work experience as a Motion Designer with at least 1 year in the commercial industry.
• Extensive experience with digital technology and software packages (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Maxon C4D.)
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
• Print and Digital Media experience
• Creative mind with strong storytelling skills
• Overall positive attitude, demeanor, that will contribute to a collaborative studio environment
• Desire to learn, develop and discover new techniques through R&D
• Ability to take direction and feedback from Directors and Producers
• Keen eye for detail and a critical mind, with patience and concentration
• High level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Maintain studio standards and work within studio pipeline
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
• Design (and motion work) work for pitches
• Design for special projects including, but not limited to, studio website and social media
• Work with Director and creative teams on all motion design jobs
• Create, design, and animate when necessary