Get to know Sunrise! Get HYPED! The training will be capped at 30 PARTICIPANTS SO REGISTER ASAP!! Registration does not guarantee a spot, but we will try our best to take in everyone!
>>> TRAINING OVERVIEW <<< (this is to frame the importance of your training. Change as relevant)
At the end of 2018 Sunrise helped change US politics. Together with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez we made known the urgency of the climate crisis and relentlessly pushed our politicians like Speaker Pelosi for the solutions we need -- a Green New Deal. To do this we must build people power, political power, and work with other movements who stand to benefit from the Green New Deal
On July 20-21, we are hosting an orientation training to level up Sunrises in the area with the skills needed to organize others for the change we need. If you want to deepen your understanding of Sunrise, build community with like minded young people in your area, and learn hard organizing skills, register here!!
We believe it’s important that the people we invest leadership training in reflect the movement we want to build-- a young, multi-racial movement that represents many different backgrounds. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a person of color or hold other marginalized identities. This training is for any young person (millennials and younger) looking for a meaningful way to protect our climate, our homes, and our values during this critical election year. The training has been designed to be engaging for all levels of background or experience, so whether you're brand new to taking action or a veteran organizer, you'll get a lot out of this experience.
>>> WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS TRAINING <<<
1. Lots of time to bond with other Sunrisers in the area2. Learn hard skills to run Sunrise campaigns to win a Green New Deal locally and nationally3. Get a deeper understanding of Sunrise's story, structure, and strategy
>>> LOGISTICS <<<
- DO I HAVE TO COME to BOTH DAYS?: You are highly encouraged to attend both days of the training if you're able, as the training curriculum builds on itself and you will have more opportunities to learn, grow and bond with other attendees. However, if you aren't able to commit to both days, you are still invited to attend (as long as you commit to coming to as much of the training as you are able).
- LOCATION: Zero Station (222 Anderson St., Portland, ME 04101)
- DATES: July 20-21 (Saturday & Sunday)
- TIMES: Saturday 9am-8pm; Sunday 9am-3pm
- FOOD: breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday an Sunday and snacks, coffee, and tea throughout the weekend!
- HOUSING: If you are coming from out of town or need to stay closer to the training venue, we will help match you to Sunrise hosts! You are also welcome to reach out to friends/family of your own and commute from there.
- COST: Sunrise is a new organization run by young people (read: we don't have a lot of money). As such, we ask all participants to pay a suggested registration fee of $20-50 to help us cover the costs of this training (including meals, space, materials, etc.). That said, we do not want cost to be a barrier to anyone -- so ultimately, we just ask people to pay what they can. You can pay the registration fee/donation in person or here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/powersunrise2019a?refcode=trainings-t4t-hubs-active
>>> CONTACT INFO <<<For any questions, reach out to Maddie at email@example.com.