Instructor IS NOT representing any Law Enforcement Agency.
WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT LIMITS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY BEFORE SIGNING. THE USE OF FIREARMS IS DANGEROUS.
By submitting my electronic signature below, via the "SUBMIT" button, I hereby assume all risks by agreeing to the following:
1. I am voluntarily participating in the New Mexico Concealed Handgun Carry Class, Renewal Class, Refresher Class, NRA Class or General Firearm Training as presented by Michael R. Grimler. I understand the risks and hazards involved, and I recognize serious and life threatening injuries can occur while carrying or using a firearm, participating in class, or later from the materials presented, whether caused by the passive or active negligence of Michael R. Grimler, the city of Los Alamos, the National Rifle Association, the US Department of Energy and the Los Alamos Sportsmen’s Club.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in class. I represent that I am physically fit and I have no medical, psychological, or any other condition, which would prevent my full participation in the firearm class or training.
3. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities of the firearm training class, I agree to assume full responsibility for all risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur participating in the class.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the firearm training class, I, my legal heirs, executors, administrators, next of kin, successors, or legal representatives knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive, release, discharge, hold harmless and promise to indemnify and covenant not to sue Michael R. Grimler, the city of Los Alamos, the Department of Energy, or the Los Alamos Sportsmen’s Club; their agents, facilities owner, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, instructors, volunteers, or representatives from any and all injuries or damages of whatsoever kind and nature that I may sustain as a result of participating in the firearms training class, or of direct or indirect use of the instruction of the class. I understand that this type of training may result in minor injuries such as bruises and lacerations.
6. I certify that I am over the age of twenty-one (21) years and I am legally entitled to own and use a handgun and / or firearm.
7. I agree that any provisions of this release are held to be invalid, nevertheless, the balance of the release shall continue in full force and effect.
8. I agree that if the instructor believes that I am or will be involved in criminal activity, the instructor will expel me from the class or training with no refund. I also agree to hold the parties covered in this waiver are not liable for slander and / or libel as part of being expelled.
9. I agree that if the instructor believes that I am or will be unsafe or dangerous, the instructor will expel me from the class or training with no refund. I also agree to hold the parties covered in this waiver are not liable for slander and / or libel as part of being expelled.
10. I understand that I must sign this release of liability and fully comprehend the structure and nature of the class, and the risks involved before being allowed to participate in this class. I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I have been informed of all risks involved and I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.