1. The Lenoir County Board of Education recognizes the transferring of students could create enrollment overloads or other situations in the future. If this does occur, the Board would have to discontinue allowing transfers across attendance lines. You might want to consider this possibility in making your current transfer request.
2. The school system is not obligated to provide transportation for transfer students. However, transportation is offered on limited availability on existing routes within the requested school choice district at a first come, first serve basis. 3. Requests are valid only for the school year noted above.
4. Any one of the following may cause this request to be denied: enrollment overload, poor attendance or excessive tardiness, poor academic progress, or history of behavior problems.
5. Transfer students must maintain satisfactory attendance, behavior, and grades as judged by the principal. Failure to maintain these expectations may result in the termination of the approved transfer and the immediate reassignment of the student.
6. Each transfer request is evaluated on an individual basis. If you have multiple students, please submit one form per child.
7. When transferring from out of county, please contact the Board of Education in your county to receive a signed release from the Superintendent's office. The release must be forwarded to the Associate Superintendent's office prior to approval or denial.
Click 'NEXT' to begin the transfer request process.