ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The following waiver of all claims, release from all liability, assumption of all risks, agreement not to sue and other terms of this agreement are entered into by me ("Participant" or Parent/Guardian) with and for the benefit of Driftwood Martial Arts Inc., it's directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, sponsors and representatives (the "Organization").
Activities includes but is not limited to contact and non-contact martial arts instruction, lessons, training, use of facilities, programs, rank tests and other services provided by the Organization.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I am aware that participation in Martial Arts activities carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. These types of hazards may be caused by, but are not limited to:
- Physical contact with other participants, instructors, equipment, walls or floors.
- Performing a skill incorrectly.
- Obstacles on the floor or in the vicinity of the activities.
- Executing strenuous and demanding movements including but not limited to: running, stretching, calisthenics and weight training.
- Failure to properly use the equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment.
I understand that the specific risks vary from one activity to another but the risks may range from:
- Minor injuries such as scratches, bruises and sprains.
- Major injuries such as eye injury, joint or back injury, heart attack or concussions.
- Catastrophic injury including paralysis and death.
I agree that although the "Organization" has taken steps to reduce the "Risks" and increase the safety of the activities, it is not possible for the "Organization" to make the activities risk free.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the "Organization" allowing me to participate in activities, I agree: