Growing in Winter: Winter garden planning, planting, tips and tricks
Sunday, July 26 2020
1:30pm - 4:00pm
One Straw Tiny Farm - (Behind the Gumboot Restaurant)
1053 Roberts Creek Rd, Roberts Creek BC
Together we will explore :
- Choosing vegetables and varieties for our climate on the Sunshine Coast
- Difference between and planning for winter crops for harvesting and overwintering crops
- Timing of seeding and transplanting for winter gardening
- Where in the garden to grow your winter veggies
- Tips and tricks for having a successful winter garden
* This workshop will be onsite, inclusive, participatory and will include practical activities and knowledge that you will be able to apply at home or work. Please bring a notebook & writing utensil if desired, water bottle, reusable mug, and camp chair if you'd like to sit. Please dress for the weather. Rain or shine.
Cost: $10 for One Straw Annual Members ($20.00 for non-members)
* No one will be turned away because of lack of funds. Scholarships available below.
Fees cover materials, workshop facilitation, and associated admin costs.
Presenter: Katy Latham
Katy Latham is an enthusiastic food grower on the Sunshine Coast with a degree in Sustainable Food Production, several years of work in that field, and a Practicum in Sustainable Agriculture at UBC Farm. She founded Three Sisters Certified Organic Farm in Gibsons, BC, worked at a certified organic greenhouse and seedling company and was a founding member of an organic food collective. She is now a backyard gardener and is passionate about growing many different food crops. Katy has spent her 10 years on the Sunshine Coast growing organically in all seasons.
if you have any questions or require further information.
Participant Email Address
Demographics: What age range are you?
Annual Members of One Straw Society get 50% off all workshops, all year! To become a member and have your first discount apply to this course now, click here to sign up first!
* excludes grandfathered Lifetime Memberships
$20 - NOT a member or expired membership
$20 - Lifetime Member (grandfathered)
$10 - Current Annual Member (50% discount!)
Scholarship requested (pay what you can)
$40 - I'd like to pay for my course AND sponsor others to learn
Would you like to be contacted about future workshop offerings?
* One registrant per form, please. Please return to this form to add a registration for another person.
* You will be contacted by email to confirm your spot in the workshop or on the waitlist.
* Payment may be e-transferred to
, with the password: wheeler.
PLEASE NOTE the participant name in the e-transfer, so that we're able to match your payment with the participant(s).
* Cash or cheque also accepted, but pre-payment is encouraged to hold your spot. Spots are confirmed by those first paid.
* Most workshops are limited to small groups of 8 to 12 to ensure maximum instructor contact and opportunity to participate.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service