2019 GMVUAC Survey
GMVUAC Service Area Map (Tahoma School District outside the City of Maple Valley)
1. Do you live within the GMVUAC Service Area (see map above)?
2. What zoning applies to the property you live on?
Rural Area (RA)
TO ANSWER QUESTION #2
If necessary, please refer to
and input your street address or parcel ID number; click on Search; click on X to delete Search Results box if displayed; click on property outline and select Assessor's Report; select Property Detail; view Land Data/Zoning):
3. Other than this time, how many times have you visited the GMVUAC website in the past (
1 - 10 times
4. If you feel that our rural area is not being kept "rural" -- please describe your reasons:
5. What suggestions do you have for keeping our rural area "rural":
6. If you live next to a vacant lot or there is at least one in your neighborhood, do you support your neighbor building a home on it?
7. If you are on an onsite sewage system (e.g., septic tank and disposal on your property), please check all of the following that are applicable:
The onsite system is inspected annually
The onsite system is pumped annually
The onsite system is inspected and pumped once every 3 years
The onsite system is inspected and pumped once every 3 - 5 years
Inspection and pumping occurs only when necessary
The onsite system has never been inspected or pumped
8. In the future, how would you prefer to supply water for use on your property?
Private groundwater well serving your home
Community water system serving several homes
Expansion of public water system into your neighborhood
9. Do you support the use of small isolated pockets of Industrial ("I") zoned property in our rural area for commercial/industrial purposes?
10. Please list or describe all of the businesses that are conducted in your neighborhood -- include farms, repair shops, stables, professional services, etc. (name if known, type/kind of business):
11. Please tell us of any problems or issues you have experienced with businesses being conducted in your neighborhood:
12. Please tell us which businesses in our rural area you actually use and/or from which you purchase goods or services:
13. Do you support breweries or wineries, each with a tasting room if allowed, in our rural area if they are conducted as a home occupation?
If You Do Not Have A Business Operated Or Conducted On Your Property, Please Skip To Question #17
14. Do you (or your family) personally own and operate, or by lease or other arrangement allow to be conducted, any of the following types of businesses on your residential property located within the GMVUAC Service Area? Please select all that apply:
Home Occupation (KCC 21A.30.080 in R zone; KCC 21A.30.085 in A, F, and RA zones)
Home Industry (KCC 21A.30.090)
Hobby for Personal Enjoyment (not intended for profit)
Adjunct to, or associated with, a farming or agricultural operation (gardening, honey, etc.)
Enterprise for profit subject to additional state or local licensing/regulatory requirements (marijuana, etc.)
Internet Sales Only
15. Please describe, and if you deem appropriate please identify by name and/or by Standard Industrial Code (SIC#), the businesses that are conducted on your property:
16. Have you experienced any of the following issues regarding operating a business on your property? Please select all that apply:
Significant problems with King County bureaucracy (licensing, regulatory, etc.)
Excessive conditions, restrictions, or limitations imposed by King County
Code enforcement actions by King County
Neighbor or other sources of complaints
17. How often do you telecommute?
Two or more times per week
Once per week
At least once per month
18. If you feel that traffic congestion on our local roads is still a problem, what needs to be done to actually solve this problem?
19. If you feel that undesirable, annoying, or excessive noise has increased in your neighborhood, please describe the sources of such noise and what you think needs to be done to regulate or mitigate such noise:
20. Please describe any problems you've had with our local schools, fire and police departments, and/or any government agency; and any suggestions you have to make these services better and more responsive to your needs:
21. Please tell us whether you have attended our annual Train Show at Gracie Hansen Community Center in Ravensdale, and if you have any suggestions for improvement of this event:
22. Please tell us what specific new/different question(s) you would like to see on GMVUAC's next biennial survey:
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE ISSUES ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU, PLEASE CONSIDER SERVING ON THE GMVUAC!
23. GMVUAC's election process now consists of the Council's approval of individuals from those residents who express an interest in being considered for membership. Do you wish to be considered for membership on the Council (limited to registered voters 18 years or older and residing in one of the four Community Areas identified on our Service Area map)?
24. If you answered YES or MAYBE to the above question, please give us your contact information including name, street address, mailing address, phone number, and email address. A member of the Council will contact you to pursue your interest. NOTE: if you wish not to give this information in your response, please attend the next regular meeting of the Council and tell us in person of your interest in being considered for membership.
25. If you do not wish to be considered for full membership on the GMVUAC, non-members may volunteer to serve on any of its several Committees subject to Council confirmation. These are working Committees, so please be prepared to give sufficient time and effort. GMVUAC Committees include Economic, Environment, Growth Management, Public Relations, Train Show, and Transportation. If you have an interest in serving on one or more of these Committees, please give us your contact information (as described in the preceding question) and on which Committee(s) you wish to serve. We thank you for your offer of help.
26. Please feel free to tell us any thoughts you have regarding this Survey:
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY ONE RESPONSE PER PERSON. ANYONE LIVING IN OUR COMMUNITY SERVICE AREA IS WELCOME TO COMPLETE THIS SURVEY. RESULTS WILL BE PUBLISHED ON OUR WEBSITE AND IN AN UPCOMING ISSUE OF THE VOICE OF THE VALLEY.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service