Sydney Boys High School Canteen
SBHS is fortunate to have an excellent canteen on the school premises. SBHS canteen provides a large and varied range of home style healthy meal options that are culturally diverse and traditional favorites. Much of the food is freshly made up on site for breakfast, morning tea and lunch. We also sell pre-packaged food which meet healthy food guidelines. Any pre-packaged foods are marked up so that we can directly subsidise the cost of freshly made healthy food. This enables us to keep prices down on the healthy food options and therefore make them more attractive and affordable to the boys. SBHS Canteen has partnered with Flexischools to offer cashless payment option through the Student TAG (ID card).
The Canteen is an important part of the school, as it not only provides an essential service, but also contributes financially each year towards improved learning and extra curricular facilities for the boys.
The Canteen needs YOU
• We need lots of volunteers who can spend one day (8.30 am - 2 pm) a month helping to make sandwiches and to serve the boys at recess and lunch
• No need to be nervous, the canteen staff will show you how and give you little jobs to start with.
• Many parents come on their days off or on their monthly RDO’s irrespective of whether they work full time or part time – some mums and dads take turns.
• Our helpers include professionals, tradespeople, academics, retirees, at home parents and extended family
Why Should I help?
• The School Canteen is operated by a sub committee of the P & C Association.
• It generates a substantial profit each year, which is injected into the school for improvements to school and classroom facilities, equipment and school environment which all students enjoy daily.
• It employs 2 full-time staff, but also relies on 3 – 4 parents daily for voluntary help.
• You will meet other parents and find out more about how the school works while contributing to the School Community. It is a good but discreet way of being part of your sons’ education.