Welcome! Please use this form to submit your audition for the Strings of One Voice Children's Choir.
THE STRINGS of One Voice Children's Choir. A string orchestra that enhances the mission of the One Voice Children’s Choir (OVCC) to inspire the world through the power of children’s voices. This ensemble is made up of accomplished musicians ages 10-18 who rehearse together monthly with prepared music arranged and directed by OVCC conductor, Masa Fukuda. Performance opportunities include both live and video productions. Master classes and possible recording studio sessions will expand the young musician’s membership experience as they play the violin, viola or cello with this premiere strings group.
We are seeking new talent ages 10-18 to participate in The Strings of One Voice Children's Choir for the September 2021 - August 2022 season.
AUDITION SUBMISSION DEADLINE
August 23, 2021 11:59pm MST. Late submissions will not be considered.
Auditions are competitive due to the high level of interest for participation. Details are not disclosed on the number of positions available. Personalized feedback is not available for individuals auditioning. We invite those who are not selected for membership this year to continue furthering their music and performance skills.
The Strings of One Voice Children’s Choir is a demanding educational as well as professional experience. String group members commit to the following:
1. Monthly Rehearsals: Attend monthly in-person rehearsals from September through May each year. Rehearsals are held at One Voice Studios in Draper, UT on the second Tuesday of every month from 6:30-8pm.
2. Individual Practice: Members commit to learning their individual parts on their own to allow rehearsals to be efficient and effective.
3. Fee: Pay an annual membership ($200) and registration fee ($50). Financial aid is available for families who qualify. (Touring opportunities are optional, often by audition, and may require an additional fee).
4. Wardrobe: In lieu of wardrobe fees, members provide their own wardrobe.
5. Proficiency: Violinists need to be at a Suzuki Book 6 level, or above. Violists and Cellists need to play at a Suzuki Book 5 level, or above.
AUDITION VIDEO REQUIREMENTS
1. Please slate at the beginning of your video by saying your name, age, and what you are performing.
2. Submission video must be performed live (accompaniment is optional). The instrument must be prominently audible, without any tuning or processing. Professional microphone setup is not needed. Phone audio and visual is perfectly acceptable.
3. Video should include performance of:
(1) A scale of your choice, playing the maximum number of octaves possible, showing fluency across the full range of instrument.
(2) A memorized solo (1-3 minutes) of your choice demonstrating strengths as a player and a performer. (Accompaniment is optional)
(3) An orchestral excerpt from an OVCC strings score (click here to access:
please note this material is for audition purposes only and should be destroyed/deleted after use).
Musicians are selected considering intonation, tone, vibrato, full use of bow, ability to perform, and stage presence.
Casting notifications will be sent by August 27th. First rehearsal will be held on September 14th at One Voice Studios (12577 South 265 West Unit 2B, Draper, Utah 84020).
with any questions.
In the space below, please enter the email address you wish to be contacted about your submission.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Check out the latest One Voice Children's Choir music video featuring strings!
Talent Age Requirement
I am between 10 and 18 years old.
Do you live close to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and will you be available for rehearsals in Draper, UT, USA from September 2021 to May 2022?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of One Voice Children's Choir.