Gillett Square: Propose an Event or Activity
We see Gillett Square as an exciting and unique public space where an incredibly diverse range of people can meet on common ground. What can happen here is limited only by the imagination and willingness of the people who make up the square’s community. We see this space and the activities within it as equally for all; and believe that inviting and celebrating difference is enriching for everyone. We welcome any expression of interest and will do our best to facilitate any member of the community wishing to carry out an activity here.
Events and activities taking place here should be
- High quality
- Inclusive for all members of our community and participatory where possible. This does not exclude activities aimed primarily at a particular section of society, but no activity should exclude others.
- Accessible – free of charge, or low cost
- Promoting social cohesion
• HCD runs the licence for events & activities in the square, and a number of resources we can deploy to support such activities
• We do not have funding available for events but can support applications for funding
• We are keen to encourage more activity in the space, and more people to come and carry out activities, especially activities which are participatory in some way, and which encourage people from different sections of the community to engage with each other.
• We are especially keen to encourage low-level, frequent activities, as our financial resources are limited. If your proposed activity fits in the lower level it will be quicker, easier and cheaper to programme in. If you wish to do something higher level, for example a music festival requiring staging structures, electrical power etc then the licensing requirements increase and the costs needed to meet the licensing requirements become really high & the planning time required is much longer.
Your Organisation Name
Contact Telephone Number
Your website address
Your Idea - brief description
Why do you want to do this and how do you think it fits with Gillett Square?
Who are your key participants and personnel (include staff, project leaders, artists)
Anticipated audience size
What resources do you have which you can bring to help your idea happen?
What resources do you need to support the idea?
Proposed date/time: (please note that we need to sign off a final plan at least 6 weeks before an event so please propose a date 3 months after the time you are submitting your proposal)
Outline your promotion / audience development plans
Have you already outlined a budget for your event? Please summarise your expenditure, income confirmed and income not confirmed here and send your detailed budget to us.
Will your event involve any of the following? (please select all that apply)
High noise levels (e.g. drumming)
Sale of food (e.g. food stalls)
Sale of alcohol
Any other trading
Pyrotechnics or use of fire
3 phase power
None of the above
any other structure not listed (please detail below)
We have some resources available at low cost. Please select if you would like to use any of the following:
“Snug” playkit – Pop-up Playground
Other play items – skipping ropes, giant jenga etc
Approx 20 folding chairs
Small PA for music playback / microphone announcement: powered 2 speaker with XLR/jack input, e.g. i-pod compatible
8 round tables (60cm)
6 trestle tables (approx 150cm)
Gazebos x 3 (3x3m)
Rubber matting, can be interlocked to create large covered floor area, 100 (1x1m)
General advice & expertise from Gillett Square team
We have some high-spec resources available at a cost. Would you like to use any of the following
Large Outdoor PA kit
3 x 6000 lumen projectors
Projection screen (7.2m)
Large tent (15m diameter)
Access to technicians, engineers etc
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service