ARSET Advanced Land Cover Classification: Prerequisite Homework
The webinar has concluded. This assignment is for personal evaluation of the training materials only.
General Remote Sensing Knowledge
The first set of questions refers to your general knowledge of remote sensing.
1. Healthy vegetation reflects energy in what parts of the electromagnetic spectrum?
A. Blue and Green
B. Green and Red
C. Green and Near Infrared
D. Blue and Red
2. What part of the electromagnetic spectrum can we see with our eyes?
3. What is the relationship between spatial resolution and spatial extent in satellite imagery?
A. The higher the spatial resolution the greater the spatial extent.
B. The lower the spatial resolution the greater the spatial extent.
4. How many spectral bands does Landsat 8 have?
5. What is the spatial resolution of the panchromatic band (band 8) for Landsat 8?
A. 60 meters
B. 30 meters
C. 15 meters
D. 250 meters
USGS GloVis Questions
For this portion of the homework, you will need to visit the GloVis Website:
6. Go to the GloVis website (
). What other imagery besides Landsat can you obtain?
A. MODIS, Global Land Survey, ASTER
B. MODIS, VIIRS, Sentinel
C. GOES, GPM, VIIRS
D. ASTER, MODIS, GOES
7. When you download Landsat imagery from GloVis, you obtain multiple .TIF files and each one is slightly different. What is the significance of the end of each file name?
A. The number of pixels in each file
B. The band number
C. The importance of each file
D. The Julian date
For this portion of the homework, please refer to the prerequisite exercise. You will also need to open and explore QGIS.
8. Once you install the Semi-Classification Plugin, a tool bar appears across the top of the QGIS window. What are 3 items that you can show or hide (click on or off)?
A. RGB, ROI, and Preview
B. Red, Green, Blue
C. MODIS, Landsat, VIIRS
D. Vector, raster, point
9. When you click on the layer properties of the California shapefile what are three of the categories?
A. General, Classification, Plugin
B. Style, Display, Metadata
C. Bands, Pre-processing, Actions
D. Rendering, Display, Classification
10. What are the types of maps in the OpenLayersPlugin?
A. Google Maps
B. Bing Maps
D. All of the above
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service