Lake Hills Elementary:A Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Magnet School
Pine Elementary:A Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School
Please complete the following form to apply for admission to one or both schools. You will need to fill out a separate application for each child. For more info about each school, visit http://EducateMC.net/magnets.
If you would rather fill out a paper application form, click here to download and print one:https://www.mcas.k12.in.us/cms/lib/IN01001792/Centricity/shared/forms%20-%20public/MagnetApp_2019.pdf
Printed forms must be returned in person to the MCAS Administration Building, 408 S Carroll Avenue, by 4:00 PM on March 29, 2019.
All online applications must be submitted by March 29, 2019. Families will be notified of the child's placement or position on the wait list by May 24, 2019.
Questions about the application process? Visit this web page to access our Frequently Asked Questions: http://EducateMC.net/magnets
* Most magnet spots for the 2019-20 school year will be available at the kindergarten level. Slots in higher grades will be filled as space allows before the start of the 2019-20 school year.
* We will attempt to accommodate siblings on a case by case basis, based on space availability at the Magnet school. We cannot guarantee sibling placements.
* If you live in the Lake Hills or Pine attendance boundary you only need to complete this form if you would like your child to attend the school that is NOT your "neighborhood" school.
* If you currently have a child attending Pine or Lake Hills as a magnet student, you will still need to complete this application for your entering Kindergartner. Siblings of current students will be given preference.
* Pre-K students who currently attend Pine but live in the attendance boundary for another elementary school DO NEED to complete an application.
* All students with disabilities are eligible to apply. We expect to be able to provide appropriate services within these schools to meet individual needs unless otherwise required by an Individualized Education Plan.
* Placement in Magnet Schools is based on slots existing at the schools for the following year. Should enrollment boundaries change, causing enrollment in Pine or Lake Hills to increase beyond the point where non-residential enrollments can be accommodated, Michigan City Area Schools reserves the right to reduce or cancel new magnet enrollments.
Click the "next" button below to start your application!