Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
FALL 2021 HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
All scholarship applicants must:
• Be a United States citizen and a resident of P rince Ge or ge’s County, M aryland .
• Be a graduating high school senior.
• Be planning to attend either an accredited four (4) year institution of higher education in the United States; an accredited or certified technical, vocational or trade institution in the United States; or Prince George’s Community College during the upcoming academic year.
• Submit an official school transcript. The transcript must (1) include grades from the 9th to the 11th school years, (2) cite cumulative grade point average, (3) be signed by a school official, and (4) be stamped with the official school seal and sent in a sealed envelope.
• If the applicant attends a private school, provide an explanation of the school’s grading system on official school letterhead.
• Submit one signed, dated (2020-2021 academic year), and typed letter of recommendation on the organization’s official letterhead from a non-school related community service or job-related organization verifying his or her involvement.
• Submit one signed, dated (2020-2021 academic year), and typed letter of recommendation from his or her current high school principal, counselor, advisor or teacher on the school’s official letterhead.
* Persons writing recommendations should specify relationship or capacity in which he or she knows or has observed the applicant. Unsigned letters will not be accepted. Therefore, the application package will be deemed incomplete.
• Submit a typed essay detailing how a scholarship from the Organization of Hope, Inc. will help you achieve your future goals. (Maximum one page, 12-point font, double-spaced)
• Submit a recent portrait size (5x7) color photograph. (No proofs, cell phone, personality or scanned photos.) Applicant’s name should be printed on the back of the photo.
• If applying for more than one scholarship, please check all applicable scholarships and provide all supporting documentation.
• Application MUST be signed by the student and parent or legal guardian.
Submit application (in its original format) along with attachments, official transcript, photo, and recommendations to:
Organization of Hope, Inc
P.O. Box 1466
Temple Hills, MD 20757
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2021. All information on this form is considered confidential. All materials, including the photo become the property of Organization of Hope, Inc. Please direct all questions to the Committee Chair at
**If any items are omitted, the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered**
OOH, FALL 2021 HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
How did you find out about the scholarship program (e.g. Potomac High School college fair, School Counselor at Friendly High School, Board Member of OOH, etc.)?
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTIONS AND CRITERIA
(CHECK ALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING FOR CONSIDERATION)
WILBERT WILLIAMS PERFORMANCE SCHOLARSHIP • Must be a United States citizen and a resident of the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area or resident of North Carolina • Must be a graduating high school senior • Must plan to attend a four (4) year institution of higher education in the United States during the upcoming academic year (award is based on actual enrollment) • Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
ORGANIZATION OF HOPE, INC IMPROVED PERFORMANCE SCHOLARSHIP • Must be a United States citizen and a resident of Washington, DC Metropolitan Area • Must be a graduating high school senior and completed 10 hours of volunteer service for OOH, Inc. • Must plan to attend a four (4) -year institution of higher education in the United States during the upcoming academic year (award is based on actual enrollment) • Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above and have shown significant improvement in his or her school work over a two-year period
VETERAN MERIT NEED SCHOLARSHIP • Must be a United States citizen • Must be a graduating high school senior of a military veteran • Must plan to attend a institution of higher education in the United States during the upcoming academic year (award is based on actual enrollment) • Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
Please note that all Merit Need scholarship applicants MUST demonstrate financial need by completing Part V of the scholarship application and verify income.
Documentation provided by a state or federal agency will be needed to verify income. In addition, all non-taxable income must be listed and official documentation provided. The following forms are acceptable for verification: free/reduced lunch award letter; proof of social security benefits (SSA Benefit Statement or SSA – 1099); Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) award letter; Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) award letter; or proof of disability pay (SSI).
UNACCEPTABLE for verification: paycheck stubs, bank statements, WIC card, or medical card.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service