Grade 5 ELA "Presidents' Test"
Directions: Read the article, May I Help You, and answer questions 1 through 7.
1. Why do scientists want to create robots that imitate human facial expressions?
A. to encourage people to buy robots to do their tasks
B. to encourage people to pay more attention to robotic work
C. to help create a better connection between robots and people
D. to help establish a reason for robots and people to work together
2. Which evidence best supports the idea that robots could be in every household by the year 2025?
A. Robots can perform daily tasks.
B. Robots can work in many places
C. Robots can show human emotions.
D. Robots can replace human workers.
3. Which evidence best supports the idea that Nao will be a popular invention?
A. Nao is able to talk and walk.
B. Nao has a number of different uses.
C. Nao is the first robot to pick up toys.
D. Nao have been praised by robotic experts.
4. Based on the article, which statement best explains what Nexi, Nao, and RIBA have in common?
A. They interact communicate with humans.
B. They have many possible military applications.
C. They can perform medical services that pose difficulties to people.
D. They are designed to imitate human emotions and facial expressions.
5. What does the expression "making a splash" (paragraph 10) mean?
A. getting soaked
B. swimming along
C. creating excitement
D. cleaning up
6. Which detail best shows that robots can perform tasks that are difficult for humans?
A. "They're in more places than you might know." (paragraph 1)
B. "Some homes have robots that vacuum floors or mow the lawn." (paragraph 1)
C. "You might be living or working with one of them one day!" (paragraph 2)
D. "It can also locate submerged ships or oil and gas pipelines." (paragraph 10)
7. Which detail would be most important to include in a summary of the article?
A. A robotic penguin was designed by engineers in Germany.
B. Because Nexi can raise its eyebrows, it can express feelings and emotions.
C. Nao is two-foot-tall robot that can be programmed to perform several tasks.
D. Because some new robots act like humans in many ways, they will work well with people.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of East Newark School District.
Terms of Service