Board Application: Mar Vista Family Center
Thank you for your interest in joining the Mar Vista Family Center Board!
The Board will support the work of MVFC and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by MVFC’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Board Member responsibilities
• Supporting MVFC’s mission and purpose
• Reviewing, approving and monitoring the budget and insuring proper financial controls are in place
• Raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations to help MVFC fulfill its mission
• Providing direction and support to the Chief Executive Officer and staff
• Participating in strategic and tactical planning
• Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Recruiting and orienting new board members and assessing board performance
• Selecting the Chief Executive Officer
• Enhancing the public standing/reputation of MVFC
MVFC’s Board Members will serve at least a three-year term, which may be renewed. Board Members will attend 6 board meetings a year and committee meetings, as necessary. “Give and Get” donations of at least $5,000 per year are required of Board Members.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about MVFC’s mission and who has expertise in one of the following fields: human resources, public relations, financial services, entertainment, technology, education, business or philanthropy.
Ideal candidates will also have the following qualifications:
• Professional experience with accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
• A commitment to and understanding of MVFC’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
• Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of MVFC’s beneficiaries
Please complete the below application to be considered and a member of the Board will be in touch to discuss next steps.