Early Years Experiences Collection at Kindergarten Registration - J.W. Walker School
The following questions are about your child’s participation in child care and activities in your community from birth until today. Answering these questions is voluntary, so thank you for taking the time to respond.

The answers you provide will be shared within the school to help our educators and principals support your child’s transition to full-day kindergarten. The information will also be shared with the Ministry of Education, Rainy River District School Board, and child care system planners in your community. The information will help them to plan, coordinate and improve the programs and services for families and young children in your community.

The personal information is collected under the legal authority of the Education Act R.S.O.1980, s.8.1. If you have any questions, please contact Peg Keffer (807) 274-3616 at your school or Andrew Harris, Superintendent of Education, in the Rainy River District School Board (807) 274-9855.

Child Care
The Ministry of Education strives to build a child care and early years system that better supports parents and gives children the best possible start in life. There are many types of child care services available in Ontario.
Types of Child Care
Full-time – More than 24 hours per week
Part-time – 24 hours or less per week
Parent/Guardian Care – Care provided by a child’s parent or guardian
Unpaid Care - Care provided by friends , relatives or caregivers, other than the child’s parent(s) or guardian(s), where no fees are charged to the parent(s) or guardian(s).
Paid Care –Care provided by friends, relatives, nannies, or home child care providers who charge a fee to provide care in a child’s home or in the provider’s home.
Licensed Home Child Care - These providers have a contract with a licensed home child care agency and use their own homes to look after children. The licensed home child care agency screens, approves and monitors the caregivers. Parents often pay their child care fees to the home child care agency.
Licensed Child Care Centre - These programs operate in a variety of settings including workplaces, private and public buildings, schools and places of worship. They include nursery schools, full-time or part-time child care.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Rainy River District School Board. Report Abuse - Terms of Service