2021-2022 School of Choice 105/105c Application
1. Lake Fenton Community Schools will have unlimited enrollment for nonresident students in grades K - 8 and 9 - 12.
2. Nonresident students whose resident school district is in Genesee County or a contiguous county (Lapeer, Livingston, Oakland, Saginaw, Shiawassee or Tuscola) may apply for acceptance to Lake Fenton Community Schools by submitting this application between March 1, 2021 and August 13, 2021.
3. Nonresident students who would like to enroll at Lake Fenton Community Schools must complete this application AND submit the following documents via email to:
1. Attendance AND Behavior Records from the student's previous school(s) for the last two (2) school years
are required for students in Grades 2-8, 9-12. Kindergarten students do not need to submit and First Grade
will need 1 year of documentation.
2. High School Transcript, (if applicable)
3. Individualized Education Plan (I.E.P.) for Special Education Services (if applicable)
4. 504 Plan (if applicable)
This application will NOT be processed without the above information.
4. Lake Fenton Schools will make every effort to process your application as quickly as possible, but acceptance is dependent upon the availability of administrators from all school districts from the last two years being contacted. After June 12th, this application may not be approved until after August 13, 2021 due to the availability of district administrators in all school districts.
5. Applications for students, whose resident school district is in a contiguous county and receive special education services, will have a longer approval time. The State of Michigan requires both school districts to have a Cooperative Agreement on file to detail which district is responsible for the additional costs for special education services for the student.
6. In most cases, you should receive a letter of acceptance or denial by August 20, 2021. If you do not, please contact the superintendent's office at 810.591.2532.
7. If the application is approved, the student must be enrolled by the end of the school day on Friday, August 27, 2021.
Page 1 of 35
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lake Fenton Community Schools.