OpenMedia is looking for new board members who are passionate about the open Internet. OpenMedia is a community-driven organization that safeguards the possibilities of the open Internet. There has never been a more crucial need to unite the voices of Internet users worldwide to build a community with one overarching goal: protect and nourish access, free expression, and privacy online.
OpenMedia has one of the largest community of digital rights supporters in the world. Will you join us in defending their rights?
The OpenMedia board is a governing board responsible for helping the organization reach the primary goals of citizen engagement and empowerment. Once elected, Board members serve a two-year term. The board takes on leadership responsibilities for the organization.
To that end, board members work in consultation with the Executive Director to:
- Provide high-level operational oversight and direction
- Ensure legal compliance and fiscal accountability
- Provide strategic input and insight
- Lead ongoing Board renewal and effective governance in consultation with senior staff
- Participate in effective planning
- Evaluate high-level outcomes and impacts
- Manage the performance and compensation of the Executive Director
OpenMedia Board members serve a two-year term with a maximum of three renewals (six years maximum). Monthly minimum expectations are about 5-10 hrs. Please take a look at the following to learn more:Board Member Commitment OverviewBoard Member Responsibility
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. We are especially excited to invite women, people of colour and other diverse voices to apply.
Deadline for submission is August 31, 2022.