St. John's Blackheath Youth Online
As the COVID-19 crisis has developed and subsequently pausing our groups we've become increasing aware of the need to find creative ways to engage with young people as a Youth Team but also to enable our groups to continue in some capacity.
As such we've taken a 2 stage approach. The first was to develop the 'Luke Daily Devotions' for young people and their families, further develop our social media presence and create the 'Youth Parents WhatsApp' group.
Stage 2 is to create online small groups where young people can 'meet' with each other, chat about how things are going, study the bible, discuss and pray with Youth Team members.
We have tended to avoid the later (partially because we've never needed them) in youth ministry. As such there is very little existing guidance, policy and safeguarding around this. However, there are some amazing advisors out there who have worked to provide youth workers with what we need in order to begin these new ministries.
We take the safeguarding of young people (& our teams) very seriously and wanted to ensure we had everything in place before we kicked this off, hence the 'delay'.
Please be assured that:
- All communication will occur from 'St John's Blackheath Youth' and never from the personal account of an adult
- St John's Blackheath Social Media accounts are always monitored regularly by at least 2 adults
All communication will be:
- Transparent: visible to at least 2 adults and able to be shared with parents
- Accountable: recorded and seen by at least 2 adults
- Purposeful: for a specific purpose that is in the best interest of the young person
- All adults with access to the account have been safely recruited via our St. John's Blackheath Children & Youth Volunteer recruitment process which includes an Enhanced DBS check
IF YOU ARE HAPPY FOR US TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CHILD(REN) ONLINE PLEASE COMPLETE THE 'ONLINE COMMUNICATION CONSENT FORM' BY CLICKING NEXT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. YOU MAY WISH TO COMPLETE 1 FORM FOR ALL YOUR CHILDREN OR MORE IF YOU'D LIKE TO GIVE DIFFERENT PERMISSIONS.
Please know that we are keen to support you and your child during this challenging time. If there is any practical or pastoral support that you would appreciate, let us know! If you would like to discuss anything further, please contact Matt Lockwood who will be taking responsibility for our online engagement.
St. John's Blackheath
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of St Johns Church, Blackheath.