COG Grant Application Form
Conditions of Funding
We are keen to support you in your outreach work. COG awards grants of up to £2000, though we might award more in exceptional circumstances. COG expects that certain conditions be met by any project receiving a grant and these are listed below:
1. The applicant should be a Christadelphian.
2. The project should be UK based - either geographically or in terms of human resources. For example, we would consider funding a project helping refugees overseas if the people involved in the outreach work lived in the UK.
3. The funds must only be used for the purpose for which they were requested, as described above. Any proposed change in use of funds must be approved by the COG contact named.
4. We expect feedback as to how the funds have been used by means of short progress reports, photographs and a final report.
5. We expect that any project funded by COG develops and has in place policies to ensure safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found below and we would ask that your feedback includes evidence of adherence with this expectation.
6. We ask that the project acknowledge the input of COG if applicable. Examples of how this might be achieved are an acknowledgement in your newsletter, business meeting minutes, reports to The Christadelphian magazine, annual report and/or website, or a sign at the project site. A copy of our logo can be made available to you on request for publicity purposes.
7. We do not make a commitment to fund beyond this grant.
8. We reserve the right to have a COG trustee or representative visit the project.
Policy relating to the protection of children and vulnerable adults
COG believes that the welfare of all children and vulnerable adults is paramount.
All children have the right to a happy, healthy and safe childhood. Any abuse of children is an abuse of their rights as set out in the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child. Child abuse is not acceptable under any circumstances.
Equally, vulnerable adults have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence.
COG expects that all those cared for and working in projects which receive its funding are protected from physical, sexual and emotional harm and are always treated with respect.
Abuse is always wrong and it is never the young person or vulnerable adult’s fault.
Publish this policy to all relevant recipients of its funds.
Expect each institution or project to have in place, or develop and implement comprehensive safeguarding policies appropriate to the activities taking place, which meet the standards required by government regulations.
Ensure that all COG trustees, members and volunteers visiting projects will have a UK Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be aware of their own responsibility to ensure the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Review this policy every 2 years.
COG reserves the right to visit projects which receive COG funding and audit compliance with country, institutional and COG policies.
Projects funded by COG will:
Make an annual statement to COG that they have complied with COG’s overall policy.
Report to COG any allegations of abuse, stating the source, allegation and the actions that have or will be taken to investigate the claim and resolve the situation in a robust and fair way.
Report to COG any disciplinary action taken against any of the team working at the project.
Pass to the appropriate social and/or government services proven reports of unacceptable behaviour resulting in disciplinary action.
If you have any questions or need advice on completing this form, please contact our secretary, Cilla Palmer: 78 Mildenhall Road, Fordham, Ely, Cambs, CB7 5NR. Tel: 07715 908 024 or email:
Date of application
Applicant name, postal address, phone number and email
Name of ecclesia, group or individual
What the grant is for (please include a budget break down. No more than 500 words)
Time schedule. Please give details of when the project will begin and end etc.
Date when your final report will be submitted to COG
Bank details for where money is to be paid if your application is successful, or to whom the cheque should be made payable. Account name: Sort code: Account no:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service