HANDMADE VENDORS ONLY PLEASE!!!!
The purpose of the Starving Artist Market (SAM) is to promote local artists and artisans while providing them with venues to set-up, sell and share their handmade pieces.
1. Applications must be filled out in their entirety and the non-refundable vendor waiver must be signed. That waiver just needs to be signed once, and will cover you for all of 2023 events you do with SAM. There might be other waivers you will need to sign on a venue by venue basis, when that happens you will be emailed with that waiver to sign.
2. All items on display must be handmade. No MLM companies will be accepted in addition to your handmade products.
3. No tents exceeding 10x10 feet will be allowed. Tents are not allowed to be set up at any of our inside venues.
4. Tent weights are mandatory for each leg. 20lbs+ each. Failure to have adequate weights, you will be asked to take down your tent during set up. Approved tent weights include, velcro sandbags filled with at least 20lbs of sand EACH, or cement PVC tubes that hang from the tent and wrap around the legs securely. Anything else (free weights, tent disk weights, water jugs, bricks) are not approved.
5. SAM does not provide electricity, wifi, tables, chairs, tents or tent weights.
6. Our events are advertised as “rain or shine” and is treated as such. All participants are expected to participate during any weather we might encounter, and are expected to have the necessary equipment to accommodate for these weather conditions.
7. Each vendor is responsible for space clean up. Failure to do so will result in a $20 fine that you will need to pay before you can participate in a future event.
8. Vendors must remain open for the entirety of the market, and cannot tear down until the event conclusion. Early breakdown will result in a ban from all future markets, with NO REFUND - if you were previously accepted.
9. Vendors will be responsible for the behavior of their guests/children. For safety reasons, all children under the age of 13, must stay within the designated vendor booth or have parental supervision while shopping the market.
10. The Starving Artist Market Committee reserves the right to ask any vendor at any time, for any reason to leave the event.
Starving Artist Market does NOT in anyway guarantee sales or customer buying potential.