1. Video's must be uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo. No other formats will be accepted.
2.At least one video submission will move to the July 22nd contest at the Isabella County Fairgrounds. All other contestants will be considered a ‘wild card’ option and will be notified no later than July 15th if they have been chosen as the wild card.
3. Contestants who submit video auditions may audition at any live audition as well (Complete list at My1043.net).
4. ONLY ONE VIDEO SUBMISSION IS PERMITTED PER PERSON/GROUP. Persons/groups submitting multiple video submissions will no longer be considered.
5. Amateur acts only. (No professionals/working performers: “professional” meaning no recording contracts or signing with a record label)
6. “Amateur status” is deemed so by My 1043 and judges’ discretion.
7. Group acts limited to five members. (Maximum 2 vocalists, and no drum kits)
8. Acts must be no longer than 4 minutes (with 2 minutes set-up and all instruments must be tuned and sound checked prior to show time)
9. Acts must provide recorded music of good quality (if needed). CDs mandatory if music is used in act.
10. Acts will be voted on by the audience and by a panel of judges with 2, $500.00 prizes each awarded by said entities.
11. The decisions of the judges and tallied votes by the audience will be final. ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION will be released to anyone except concert directors. (Score sheets will not be shared with contestants or audience members)
12. Winners shall remain off stage until finale where they will be asked up on stage.
13. No performer will be accepted that displays vulgar language, content or acts.
14. No gifts should be given to any contestants until the contest is over and contestants have left stage.
Latitude Media LLC, University Events, Isabella County Fair Board, volunteers or sponsors are not responsible for lost articles. 15. Contestants shall claim music, props, costumes, etc. at stage area when the contest is over.
16. Contestants may compete only once unless there is a tie in audience votes.
17. The show starts at 7:00 PM Wednesday night, July 22nd, 2015 at the Isabella County Fairgrounds Grandstand. Contestants should check in to the My 1043 table by 6:15P.M. (Performance will be held at CMU’s Plachta Auditorium if rained out)
18. Music is to be turned in to a University Events representative at the sound booth near the stage prior to the show (CD must be labeled with the contestant’s name(s)).
19. A panel of My 1043 judges at auditions will decide who moves on to Top 10 contestants at showdown.
20. The show is limited to those who had auditioned, pre-qualified, and were chosen as contestants prior to July 22nd, 2015 contest. They also must not have won Hometown Showdown competition within the past 4 years.
21. My 1043 and Latitude Media LLC retains the right to change any rules at any time in conjunction with all contests.